Sunday, August 16, 2009

Top Secret Blog Follower Pre Sale

Wow, what a crazy few days. Made some amazing soaps. Most of the time I only really like a few enough to go 'Hey, man, I'd buy that!' (they all smell good, I'm just pretty scent specific) but this time it's pretty outstanding across the board.

Super Secret Sale link. I have 25 buy five get one free packages available. Any five, not just these listed.

Here's a few to recap:

Black Orchid

"Top notes of ginger, black pepper, and ylang ylang blossom, leading to a spicy floral middle of gardenia, jasmine, orchid, and clove bud. As with all deep, intense fragrances, the bottom notes are key: patchouli, amber, balsam, vanilla, musk, and sandalwood provide a sweet, smooth, mysterious finish."

This scent is wow. It's wonderful coupled with the Black Pepper soap. It's very film noir mysterious. I'm not usually a fan of the floral, but this one is quite complex. Not so much FLORAL as a watery sort of floral with a fantastic musky base.

Black Pepper

Top notes of black pepper and lemon lead to a spicy-floral middle of cumin, coriander, ginger, jasmine, and violet leaf, all atop a sweet, deep, long-lasting base of oakmoss, musk, and amber. In other words, flat out sexy suave in a Fellini black and white sort of way. The thing about this soap is I can't describe it in a way that conveys the appeal of it. It doesn't smell like lemon and pepper, for one thing, I mean, those notes are there but not THERE. It just smells really, really sexy.


Bodice Ripper

Not your tea rose. This is a heaving bosom Bulgarian rose with a musk base that slightly evil romance novel heroines apply lavishly to their sultry breasts. Think Robber Bride, not Rescued Virgin.

Yep, this one is something. It's the 'Texas' of all the new scents.

Dark Forest

Spicy pine needles combined with rich, intense oakmoss, white violets, cedarwood, and patchouli essential oil. A rich musk-vanilla accord adds sweetness and staying power. I love this soap because it's more Brother's Grimm then Goldilocks.

This did very well and stood up nicely through out the process. It's one you keep smelling trying to figure out just what 'it' is that makes you want to keep smelling.


Tiny Bubbles

Smells like ice cold Sprite poured over crushed ice. No, really. This is a tried and true favorite. One of the few scents I make sure to have on hand all year.

Ginger Orange

This would be the one soap I'd have to pick, if I had to pick one. It's a sweet orange, not bitter so it smells very creamy with enough ginger to add a bit of a kick. It's also a very pretty color.

Grapefruit Ginger

Great morning or hot afternoon soap. Tart without being bitter smelling.

Clean Slate

The Hang Over soap. Or when I was much much younger this would have been a great "Ew, I made out with THAT guy last night?!" cleanser. Now, it just gets me going in the morning so I can stay awake and drive the boy to school.

Rosemary, mint, eucalyptus and citrus. This soap means business.

Mandarin Martini

This is a nice, sophisticated orange. Very clean and simple without any sugary Fanta thing going on.

Mangosteen and Acai


I know, it's sounds like a Frankenberry. I'm usually not so into the berry scents but this one is very clean and has a bit of snap to it. Tart smelling. Reminds me of how a pomegranate tastes. Yes, tastes.

Indian Summer

Love, love, love this one. This is the only scent I've used that manages to smell like apples and sun and Fall without that reeking potpourri smell. No 'Country Kitchen' here, this really smells like the End of Summer were you able to bottle that up. And since we have, well, here it is.

Divine

"Victoria's Secret Dream Angels Divine copy is the perfect blend of soapy and sexy. Top notes of roses, water hyacinth, jasmine, dewy violet, and cyclamen lead to a warm body of florals, musks,and wood accords."

That's a total cut and paste there folks. Honestly, I'm not a fan of Victoria or her Secrets. The whole things reminds me of a pretty girl who is trying too hard and has become a parody of herself.

That being said, there's not a hint of desperation bordering on skank here. This is actually quite a lovely, discreet scent.

Luxe

"A clean, citrusy, unisex ocean blend that mingles water and fruit notes with woods and sexy musk. Notes of crushed petitgrain, tarragon, mandarin, grapefruit, and clementine move into a floral heart of yellow freesia, rose, and jasmine. A deep finish of white musk, patchouli, sandalwood, and ocean moss provides a lasting character."

Yeah, I know, another cut and paste. And yeah, it's the first I've ever heard of 'ocean moss' BUT this is one of a very few fragrances I have felt no need to fiddle with. In fact, I seriously considered making a spray because I'd like everything to smell like this, all the time.

Do you recall those commercials for Chanel (maybe?) perfume? The one where the impossibly glamorous woman is lounging by the pool and a airplane flies overhead? She's wearing this white one piece and is tan but not like, scary tan, like I'm filthy rich and impossibly glamorous tan.

This has that fantastic sort of 'spa' edge, the whole swimming pool full of champagne thing.

Sweet Yellow Pear


Let's bring it back down to earth a bit, shall we? Not really anything to elaborate on here. I omitted the vanilla and what you have is a very juicy smelling soap. With blackberry seeds.

Normally I'd say something like it's a scrubby soap or whatever but honestly, I'm not convinced scrubby soaps do a whole lot more than just look really cool. Which this does. It also smells really tasty.




Now, I think that's all of them. But I'm here upstairs and they are downstairs so it's all together possible I've omitted one or two. Friday I will list them with pics on Etsy and Artfire.

Why am I telling you about them then? Well because this is the super secret blog followers pre list sale, of course. I only make about sixteen at a time. All are ready to ship, some would do best with a bit of drying time. You can use them, of course, but allowing them to sit out for a bit and firm up will make them last longer.

The pre listing listing is up on Artfire. Just order the quantity and send along a note of scents. After Wednesday they'll be up on Etsy. Plus (but wait there's more!) buy five and get one free!

Super Secret Sale
link. I have 25 buy five get one free packages available. Any five, not just these listed.

No comments:

Post a Comment