Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Black Orchid, Bodice Ripper, Dark Forest, etc.


Black Orchid

"Top notes of ginger, black pepper, and ylang blossom, leading to a spicy floral middle of gardenia, jasmine, orchid, and clove bud. As with all deep, intense fragrances, the bottom notes are key: patchouli, amber, balsam, vanilla, musk, and sandalwood provide a sweet, smooth, mysterious finish."

New soap for fall/winter depending on cure time. Sounds knock out swooning gorgeous, no?

Bodice Ripper

Not your tea rose. This is a heaving bosom Bulgarian rose with a musk base that slightly evil romance novel heroines apply lavishly to their sultry breasts. Think Robber Bride, notRescued Virgin.

Dark Forest

Spicy pine needles combined with rich, intense oakmoss, white violets, cedarwood, and patchouli essential oil. A rich musk-vanilla accord adds sweetness and staying power. I love this soap because it's more Brother's Grimm then Goldilocks.

Burlesque

Wow, I was so pleased with this soap. It has a sandalwood and amber base with a honey vanilla middle and just a hint of Bulgarian rose. I liked it so much I even wrote the fragrance recipe down.

Tiny Bubbles

Smells like ice cold Sprite poured over crushed ice. No, really.

So that's just some of what it around the corner. I did a custom order I'm quite pleased with. One of those things that seemed like it would be easy but scent being the fickle thing it is, was quite a challenge. Oh, look for a black pepper, spicy, floral musky soap, I'm still tweaking it but it will be incredible if I can pull it off.

I only make one or two batches, each batch has about 16 soaps. So I do accept pre orders as they can be snapped up pretty fast.

*UPDATE*

There are a couple of options, one is to allow me to email you when they are about to be ready (contact me at goatmountainarts@aol.com) or pre paying now. The soaps take a couple months to get to where I like it to be. But, with custom orders, since people are usually bit chomping I send it out after a month and suggest they unwrap the soap and set it out to keep drying.

Reason being the more moisture that evaporates the harder the bar and the longer is lasts but I can get a little obsessive. Most people just want to use soap and aren't afflicted with the fascination of water to oil ratio. Of course the soap is ready to use a few days after it's taken out of the mold, I just prefer to let it set up.

This is my long winded way of saying I'm starting them next week and they can ship in a month, so Mid to late September if you are really wanting to get your hands on them. But they won't go up for sale to the general public until October or later depending on the weather.

2 comments:

  1. Tiny bubbles sounds awesome - I'll be convo-ing you on etsy soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might want all of them! I'll be stalking your shop.

    ReplyDelete