Monday, May 2, 2011

True words.

"I've made clear, just as President Bush did shortly after 9/11, that our war is not against Islam. Bin Laden was not a Muslim leader; he was a mass murderer of Muslims," Obama said."


Muslims have been the greatest numerical casualties of al Qaeda and bin Laden. The Combating Terrorism Center at West Point released a stunning report that said Muslims have accounted for the vast majority of the total number of casualties from al Qaeda attacks between 2004 and 2008 throughout the world.: Osama bin Laden kill peace'


From 2006 to 2008, 98 percent of al Qaeda's victims were from Muslim-majority countries. (CNN)


A lot of folks don't understand that Bin Laden considered the great majority of Muslims infidels. Incidentally, infidel means atheist, not non Muslim. Shiites, Muslims living here, any Muslim who did not follow the barbaric and decidedly NON Islamic practices of Al Queda (which included female genital mutilation among other things). 


He considered observant Muslims to be the enemy. Much more so then non Muslims. So while I cannot say I am happy, it seems odd to rejoice in the death of another, I am satisfied. I can understand rejoicing, don't get me wrong, it just isn't something in my nature.


But satisfied, yes. What does bother me is Pakistan's continued  role and our continued support of of corrupt government, remains unquestioned. 


Also, ALL Muslims believe in burial within 24 hours. I wish CNN would stop with the half assed slob job reporting. 


i also think that the next time any American gets outraged at anyone in the Middle East celebrating the death of American Soldiers, or the celebration of the 9/11 'victory', they need to take a look at our own footage. 


I understand our troops celebrating. I get that. But groups of people partying in front of the White House, etc. That's no different then the celebrations we hold up as acts of savagery and it makes me very uncomfortable.


There is no end of war being celebrated here. It's someone, no matter how you regard him, that was shot and killed, justly, but still. How does that make us any different then the forces who celebrate in the street when a soldier is killed? 


It's a hypocrisy the U.S. all too often practices and hypocrisy, in part, is one of the things that will continue to fuel hatred. 

No comments:

Post a Comment