Sunday, May 8, 2011

Couch25K

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml  they have an awesome iPhone app.

Yep. Im doing it. In fact I did my first session today. It sucked. A lot. I knew it would suck a little but who knew running (well, really slow) for sixty seconds could be so hard? The first week you walk for ninety seconds and then jog for a minute over and over until thirty minutes has gone by.

It's a really long thirty minutes. This is supposed to be week one and then week two you add to the jogging. I am confident week one will be a few weeks.

I should clarify that I don't run. Fat women don't like to move quickly because we look stupid. Plus it's hard and it hurts. But I'm going to be 45 next month and there is only so much time I have to fool myself by thinking as long as I don't move no one will realize how damn fat I am. Mostly myself.

There have been a lot of changes here, some of which I want to write about but need to make the time to do so. But right now I feel like shit after all this healthy whatever. So I am going to go read something and drink water.

1 comment:

  1. Running just is sucky, I don't care how big or small you are. Unless you're six, and then running is da bomb and the total reason for lawns to exist. After your post, I started Couch25K today. The only reason I'm not throwing things at you is because I know you don't like it anymore than I do.

    Reading is definitely in order. So is remembering how to breathe.

    ReplyDelete