Thursday, November 19, 2009

New Soap Pre Order

The 'Vice' soap is amazing. Get that and Who's Sorry Now? and it's like a little orgy in a box. Going up in two weeks, thought I'd give you a chance to order if you'd like. This and the WSN? will be ready to ship mid December. Email me at goatmountainarts@aol.com and I'll put you on the list and invoice you when it's ready to ship.

Pin Up Girl

Ok, look, it's a Comptoir Sud Aloha Tiare duplicate. First of all I can't even figure out how to SAY it past Sud Aloha. Not to mention writing that on a tag. What's a Tiare? Closest I can come is a beauty queen hat thing.

This is a simple, easy-to-like tropical blend of tiare flower, vanilla, coconut, ylang-ylang, and a touch of white musk. I didn't think I'd like it, actually. I do make stuff that other people like, you know.

Now, it smells NOTHING like you'd imagine, which if you are me is like fancy suntan lotion (no offense if that's your thing). It also doesn't have that floral sharpness either, it's really quite delightful and I like it very much.

I bet you will too. Seriously.


Call Me

Top notes of peach blossom, bergamot, mandarin, and lemon lead to an exotic floral middle of gardenia, tuberose, peony, and orange flower, with a warm, spicy drydown of cardamom, sandalwood, cedarwood, amber, and patchouli. It has what I can only describe as a sort of Chablis base note that's very evocative.

Dude, wow, seriously. Very American Gigolo, very expensive, very chic, really. It's a pretty complex blend that pulls off what I can only describe as a demure strut. La Perla in soap form. It's a little smaller so it's $3.65 instead of $3. 85.



Happy Place

Damask rose, mimosa, freesia, and clove, which open up to a rich bouquet of violet, heliotrope, and jasmine, spiced with geranium. Woody, resinous bottom notes of sandalwood, amber, coumarin, and musk are smoothed with a touch of honeylike sweetness from cire d'abeilles (liquid beeswax).

This was supposed to be a 'holiday' soap, but it's so happy and sunny smelling I plan on having it in my year round stock. Somehow all these scents play very nicely together. Wish we all did, huh?







Vice

I wanted a The Postman Always Rings Twice heady who's your daddy? scent and I nailed it.

There's an Indonesian essential oil called "jatamansi" that I used. I have no idea what the hell Jatamansi is. But jatamansi is the 'spanker' of the heady oils. It knows you wanna be dirty in a very non soap related way.

I added sandalwood, amber, an almost burnt vanilla and a tiny bit of honey scent to round it out.
Enough Patchouli to make you go 'Hmmm' not enough to make you wonder why the hell the soap smells like dirt.

I only made ten bars this time around because those oils aren't easy to work with and they are costly. You mess that up you end up with soap that smells like cheap hippie.

But this, this scent resonates on a very visceral level. That's fancy talk for it gets you hot. Not to use before a business meeting unless you've always wanted to do that guy right there, on his desk.

This one is $4.75 along with the WSN? soap.

No comments:

Post a Comment