First you make a vanilla cup cake, this is my fav recipe from Magnolia:
Ingredients for cupcakes
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
2 cups sugar
4 large eggs at room temperature
1 1/2 cups self raising flour
1 1/4 cups plain flour
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350f/gas mark 4. Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners
2. Cream the butter until smooth with an electric whisk. Add the sugar gradually and beat until fluffy, about 3 mins.
3. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
4. Combine the flours and add in 4 parts, alternating with the milk and vanilla. Beat well after each addition.
5. Spoon batter into cupcake cases and bake for about 20 minutes. Remove once the tops are just turning golden. Leave to cool completely before frosting.
Next, we make out Koolaid frosting:
Serves: Makes 2 1/2 cups.
4 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
4 Tbsp. milk
2 Tbsp. KOOL-AID Sugar-Sweetened Soft Drink Mix, any flavor
BEAT sugar, butter, milk and soft drink mix in large bowl with
electric mixer on low speed until well blended and smooth. Use
Frost your cupcakes with the frosting peaking in a 45 to 50 degree angle to the cake. Remove the cupcake liners and replace them with jumbo muffin liners with the bottoms removed. In other words, a cupcake cowl.
Decorate with owls, mustaches or a hair feather. Eat in a woodland setting while gazing up into the ether.