Thursday, June 18, 2009

Fun with support

So I want to open another shop on a venue. Actually I don' t, I want to make sure no one else does because it will be on Artfire. When I entered my contact mail I entered it with *******mailto:*******bakery@aol.com not ********baker@aol.com as it should have been.


Here is the following exchange as a result of me asking them to fix the email for me.
---------------------------
Yes, it's true, I entered my email wrong twice when signing up and now I can't get in. My user name is ***** and my email should be mailto:vanillabeanbaker@aol.com" NOT mailto:vanillabeanbakery@aol.com

Please let me know what you need from me to fix this.

holly"Waiting for The Great Leap Forward"
-----------------------
Hello there,

I'm seeing that vanillabeanbaker@aol.com is already registered to "bakery53". Please let me know how you'd like to proceed.

All the best


--------------------
Well for starters I'd like to know who is using my email addy.

holly

-------------------

Would you like me to swap the email addresses and you can use that one for this account instead"

All the best,

-------------

Does that have any information at all? I did NOT open that account. vanillabeanbakerY doesn't work it's too long to be an email addy of AOL. I don't want to swap anything.

What I would like is my email address that someone else used for who knows why to be returned to me. Is my personal info there? I never, ever opened that account.

Look at goatmountainarts. That is my acount, since 2006.

holly


See, here is my bakery vanillabeanbaker.com

---------------------------------

Hello Holly,

The address that I'm seeing on the "bakery53" account is:
bob
mather st
San Diego, CO 92109 (United States)

It was only logged in to on the day it was created.

All the best,
--------------------------------

That isn't me. Please, give me back my email address. That isn't even a real address. Who do I have to talk to to have this accomplished because i don't think you understand the issue here. It's MY email address, cancel 'bob's account' because BOB isn't ME.

-----------------------------------------

I'm getting a little frustrated here, I have given you ample proof that the email address is mine. Please fix this problem because that account is fraudulent and I'm sure you wouldn't keep an account knowing this, right?

holly

"Waiting for The Great Leap Forward

------------------------------------
Hello,

This email is to notify you that your account has been closed. If this is an error, please contact Support at support to have it corrected. Otherwise, we have enjoyed your company and wish you all the best.

All the best,
-------------------

Dear Support,

WHICH account was closed?


holly

"Waiting for The Great Leap Forward
--------------------

Hello Holly,

I closed "bakery53".

All the best,
------------------


Now, wasn't that easy?

2 comments:

  1. wow, what a hassle. Over at ArtFire I wanted to change my studio name from FantasyArt to bluejane. I thought that all the fantasy art titles and stuff in the search engines werent showing my fantasy art. They normally don't let anyone change usernames, but they did it for me immediately because my studio is so new. Immediately!!!!
    Aunt Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word! I'm so confused! how can something this simple be so confusing! ~ 42things

    ReplyDelete