Monday, January 17, 2011

Where it's at.

So, Kinley started anti seizure meds Saturday. This required a trip to Costco on a Saturday morning on a holiday weekend. Yes, there is nothing I won’t do for my dogs.

I was going to pick it up at CVS but hey, they wanted $240 and Costco? $37. Yep.

It’s a newer med and it’s specifically for partial (focal) seizures. Reading the possible side effects was scary but i did tell Kinley that if he developed suicidal thoughts he should let me know. It can also give you a life threatening rash and make you stop sweating.

Kinley officially has Idiopathic Epilepsy. That basically means “We have never seen this type before, WTF?” It is more fortunately named, I think, then my Essential Tremor. Although I d appreciate just how NON essential it is.

The meds take a week to work and lets hope they do. I have actually set alarms twice a day since it has to be at the same time twice a day. I got stuff beeping all over the damn house come 8:00.

No comments:

Post a Comment