Friday, May 28, 2010

Oh, the ironing.

So, part of my whole 'thing' has been to join a gym and eat healthy and 'relax' more. In my case relax deserves the ' so get off my back ' police. Because for me 'relax' means to well, probably go through my day feeling like a normal not relaxed person.

So I also got the iTouch apps, they are you know affirmation/hypnosis things, whatever. But they are tolerable because the guy, Andrew Johnson, is a Scot and so the accent is interesting. I love the way he says "fattening food" and "greasy". That's the weight loss one.

The Healing one is a little complex, there's only so many thing I can imagine a sphere of white light doing at one time but Andrew assures me that this is all going into my subconscious so no pressure. I have to take his word for it because well, it's my subconscious. I mean anything could be going on there. Has been for years anyway.

Come to think of it, I'm not all that keen on my subconscious at the moment. But I need to mull that over a bit before expounding.

Anyway, I got the Positivity app, right? It's supposed to make me have (you guessed it) a more positive outlook.

Except I couldn't get the damned thing to download. I finally got it on my PC version of ITunes after screwing around with it for the better part of an hour and then it wouldn't transfer to my iTouch.

Needless to say this did not imbue me with positive feelings nor, incidentally, did it help me relax although it did make me want to go eat fattening foods.

Then all of a sudden I realised (without the help of a damn error message) that well, there was no room for Positivity. The irony of this whole experience did not escape me.

Then I had to figure out what I needed to delete to be able to fit Positivity. Yes, another metaphor, can you stand it? I needed to make room for Positivity which meant getting rid of what I had already stored.

This was not an easy choice, as I have the smaller iTouch and lots of apps and the Positivity needs a lot of space, go figure. Was I willing to let go on order to make room for Positivity?

I guess, cause I found this lame ass penguin game I forgot about and got rid of that. Otherwise who knows? I mean, deleting something I liked woulda just pissed me off, seems a little self defeating had that been the case.

No comments:

Post a Comment