Friday, May 28, 2010

DC Metro/N VA folks

From: Debby Critchley
Subject: [DC-Rescue] Fw: [BeverleyHillsNeighborhood] Alert-poisoning of dogs in FFX Cnty
Date: Thursday, May 27, 2010, 1:21 PM

Attention Centreville residents:

We wish to make you aware of a serious situation that came to our attention yesterday.

Poisoned meatballs were placed in at least three yards in the Sully Station II neighborhood in Centreville, on/near Kamputa Drive and Olddale Road. PLEASE be cautious when taking your dog outside!

If you live near this area, we recommend leash-walking your dog (do not leave them unattended outdoors), being alert to anything on the ground, and closely inspecting your yard. The meatballs have been fatal in at least two cases, and we hope this gets to you in time to prevent any more tragedy.

Symptoms caused by these poisons include seizures and trouble breathing, and usually begin within 15 minutes to two hours after ingesting the meatball. If you are concerned that your pet may have eaten a poisoned meatball, please bring him/her in immediately.

Fairfax County Animal Control and Police will be putting conducting an investigation. If you know anything about this case, please contact Animal Control at 703-691-2131, or the animal shelter at 703-830-1100. Please watch the news for additional information.

Please feel free to call us with any questions or concerns.

Jennifer Riley
Office Manager
Caring Hands Animal Hospital

No comments:

Post a Comment