Monday, March 29, 2010

Save money and stuff.



Hey, I made my own tissue/wrapping paper. Wanna know how?

I had a huge roll of tracing paper from Dick Blick (yeah, it cracks me up too,). Then I used my handy stamps I had made here and some QUICK drying ink.

Be sure the ink is for glossy papers otherwise you will be standing there forever waiting for the damn thing to dry. I know of whence I speak.

I just unroll it as far as I can, stamp, dry and roll back. It works great for wrapping the grumpys, there is very little waste and it's cheap. I also do this with rolls of Kraft paper.

I'm sure you could do the same with plain paper but tracing is what I had on hand. And for those of you that don't know Dick, it's a great site for all kinds of arty stuffs.

3 comments:

  1. That's a cute idea! Can you show us a pic?

    MeToo :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dick Blick is an awesome site for art supplies! We've used them for years. I'd love to see a photo of this, too. I'm wondering if it's something that would work for my mom's sculptures, since she wraps 1st in tissue paper. Is the ink waterproof?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got to be honest with you guys, I'm not taking photos,lol. All you do is unroll the paper, stamp it, let it dry and roll it back.

    If it were something you were concerned with ink transfer, I'd wrap in regular first or use waterproof stamping ink.

    I use it for wrapping. I don't know if it's as malleable as tissue paper for some stuff. I also stamp brown kraft paper and use it for wrapping.

    ReplyDelete